With all the lingo associated with setting up your website, certain tools can get lost in a sea of jargon. Perhaps you’ve heard of an ecommerce addon called Magento, but what is it and how can it benefit your business?
What is Magento?
It is an ecommerce platform which offers online retailers a comprehensive suite of tools to take control of the look, feel and functionality of their website.
We’ve all been online, buying clothes, gadgets or even our weekly shopping. Magento and other ecommerce platforms allow us to do that easily and quickly.
Obviously we can develop websites with HTML and WordPress, but Magento facilitates the ease of many of our most-loved ecommerce sites.
Magento users can deploy a vast arrange of tools to ensure their business can trade effectively online:
- Payment and Shipping – Building up trust with your customers is one of the most important aspects of running an online retail site, and it offers the option of implementing various payment and shipping options.
- Analytics – Knowing the behaviour and profile of your customers is key and the analytics function makes for a great way to report on activity on your page.
- Automated Marketing – Marketing your product effectively is a highly rewarding but challenging task. Automation can make your marketing simpler and more effective.
- Data Encryption – Cybersecurity is a hot topic currently due to increased levels of hacking and data breaches. Magento provides data encryption to safeguard personal data and servers.
- SEO centred – Within the platform there are various features which ensure your site is up to speed with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). This makes sure your products are visible on Google and other search sites.
- Mobile Optimization – The latest version has a focus on mobile, allowing full functionality from smartphone or tablet. Nowadays the majority of traffic operating through websites comes through mobile, so it’s important your site is mobile-friendly.
With all these features, it’s obvious why the likes of Coca Cola, Ford and Olympus still use it as the basis for online retail purposes.
Approximately one quarter of all ecommerce stores use Magento as their platform of choice.
That’s not by accident, and has come about due to the level of flexibility, security and performance that it represents.
Cloud With Me removes the technical barriers to make cloud hosting accessible to anyone, anywhere. Premium cloud hosting has never been easier. Come try for free now.
Cloud With Me removes the technical barriers to make cloud hosting accessible to anyone, anywhere. Premium cloud hosting has never been easier. Try Google Cloud risk free with our 30 day money back guarantee now!